1. Coffee with Damsel in the morning.
2. Got honked at – and not the friendly beep beep- but it’s okay, the driver was pazzo (crazy), which made me laugh.
3. Shopped for a new bit of clothes appropriate for work. I am still wearing a 90% sundress wardrobe.
4. Healthy cats! Maki had been a little under the weather.
5. Healthy Jill! Well into my second week of deliberate practice, moderate portions and no alcohol (just for a little bit). Starting to realize increased energy, yay!
Few things in this world are as exciting as a new book. The opportunity to read of adventure without taking much risk. To take time to stretch your brain around a new concept, or new culture, even a new perspective, is its own reward. To read a set of words and phrases on a page and turn them into people and places, to empathize and live vicariously with a set of characters is to gain new friends and family. Sure, Barbara Ehrenreich isn’t going to pick me up from the airport, but I feel community when I read her books.
*Title quote written by Thomas Jefferson*