- Rain storm! The heavy rain sounded like bucketfuls of water slamming onto the car roof as we drove. It left behind a fresh, clean smell.
- Started “The Beautiful Struggle” by Ta-Nehisi Coates. Mr. Coates has a great blog/internet-column at The Atlantic, where he is a senior editor. The column is always thought-provoking, often funny, and the comment-crowd is respectful and smart.
- Notebooks! I love a notebook and I miss getting ready for the school year with school supplies. Thanks to my new position with the AOSC and to my new job, I got TWO new notebooks for keeping myself organized. Love it!
- Started the countdown of nights until we sleep in our new place!!!
- Il Bignè Pasticceria Gelateria. Caffè e Fichi (Coffee and Figs).
Tipped off by the Sherbeth Festival 2011, I caught up with Il Bignè in Caltanisetta.
The gelateria entered caffè gelato into the festival, so I knew I would be trying that flavor, the big decision was which flavor to eat with it.
Thanks to the gelaterista (a la “barrista”) recommendation, I opted for “fichi” or “figs.” It was rich, dense, and powerfully fig flavored. The rich fig flavor was balanced by the crisp, cool, coffee gelato. The coffee gelato was perfect – just like eating iced coffee and just as refreshing.
Do you remember when you first physically felt an experience through your heart? When you realized that commercialized heart shapes actually pay homage to the physical heart? I do. I was 16 and mourning a friend. Every emotion pulsated through my heart and overwhelmed me with the powerful mind-body connection. My physical heart feels it when I am bonding with my family, remembering loved ones passed, and feeling the atmosphere of peace, safety and security a friend has created in her living room. Love, sorrow and compassion feel physically similar in my heart, what do you feel through your heart?
For the record, I am a huge fan of heart art, tastefully done. This sticker adorns my laptop, which erupted a death rattle yesterday.