- We got a move-in date for our house!!! September 29th.
- Had a nice long skype talk with my dear friend Nathan.
- Sat and enjoyed some lovely Sicilian sun.
- Made a few moves towards making friends – I am shy so this is tough for me. Plus, I am really independent, so I can go for long stretches of time without much human interaction. Sometimes I thrive on temporary isolation. Yet, I have learned that if I don’t take moderate and steady steps toward developing friendships, there will come a point when I am desperate for human contact, interaction and affection, and acting out of desperation is never pretty.
- Reached out for help on the job front. Finding a job is my Achilles heel lately. It used to come so easily to me (and the rest of the country…), and though I am grateful for the temporary jobs I had for a year, and then my incredible time spent at Dahlia Lounge (love y’all!), I am really insecure about applying for professional jobs now. I have a good lead right now and I am having some anxiety about “blowing it.” Any advice?
The Signature published these articles:
- While vacationing in Sweden, a Pugliese politician was arrested for corporal punishment of his 12-year-old child.
- “Lega Nord” separatists in the Po River valley held a bike race. Protesters blocked the lane and even roughed up a few bicyclists.
…which inspired these musings on the use of force:
- What do you think about Sweden’s zero tolerance policy?
- Is “light” violence justifiable?
- Did you assume the child is a boy?
- Would it matter if the victims were female?
- Would you call the child and the bicyclists “victims”?