- After our 5am wake-up call, I got to return to bed from 7:30-9:30am. Something about this rest was reminiscent of home, of Shell Lake, and of Wisconsin, all in one semi-sleepy-but-not-dreamy moment.
- Got a great relaxing run in today.
- Confronted some mild fears about having too much unscheduled time ahead of me (and scheduled some stuff for the coming days).
- Attacked my blogging to-do list.
- Loved and cherished my kitties. Our kitties. Yes, our kitties.
Maki “Macchiato” W was a feral kitten abandoned in our Bremerton shed. As we tended him, we fell in love. My understanding and compassionate husband deferred to me the decision of keeping our castaway, for I am allergic to cats. Maki’s tiny mews and ferocious spirit endeared him beyond daily allergy pills, chronic-tho-mild wheezing, and the cat-fur-everywhere effect. Maki soon needed a companion; enter Panther. Panther hails from Tacoma; he was a purrrr-ful shelter kitty from IBKC, who was warmly adopted into our Seattle home. His feisty spirit and agility quickly addressed any bug concerns, and merely raised rooster-imitation concerns.
Maki greets me with the morning sun at his back, and uh, yea, that’s Panther at his side.
Panther is so precious.
It is easy to forgive the early morning rooster cries of such a cute kitty.