- Got a date for our housing inspection! September 15th.
- Used the bidet. They are everywhere, I decided it was time to get with the program.
- Found out that, as a devoted pet-owner (they are family), I am in good company in Italy. About 9 million Italian families brought their pets on vacation in August (Ferragosto); estimated to be almost one-third of vacationing families. And guess what! 1 million of those pets were cats. I still prefer to get a cat-sitter, but I do miss the guys when we’re away.
- Worked out some more details with friends who are visiting in October, and settled on some Skype times with friends and family for calls on Thursday and Friday.
- Spent time exploring blogs, brainstorming about this blog, and drafting potential changes. Your input and suggestions are always welcome!
Not much excites me the way planning a running schedule does. This morning, when I obtained the “Base-2-Base” Race Series calendar from the gym, I was ecstatic! (Yes, enough so to warrant the exclamation point). Here are the races you can look forward to hearing about:
September 9: POW MIA 9/11 Remembrance Run 5k (3.1 miles)
October 15: Walk the pink out of it Run 2 miles
November 19: Turkey Trot Run 5k
December 10: Jingle Bell Jog 5 miles
January 7: Resolution Run 6 miles
February 11: Stupid Cupid Run 5k
March 17: Base-2-Base 10k
I love to run!
A photo from the archives. Running rocks.
I ran the last 10 miles of the Seattle Rock n Roll Marathon with a great friend in June 2011. She dominated the full marathon. We had a great celebration, like always.
**Extra points to anyone who picked up on the blogpost lyrical title and is currently singing: “…Holdin’ onto one another’s hand/Tryin’ to get away into the night/And then you put your arms around me/And we tumble to the ground/And then you say/I think we’re alone now…” Which version is your favorite? Tommy James and the Shondells? Or the 80s classic Tiffany version?