1. Toured the Castello – great archeological museums, some modern art, chiesa (a church), history galore and natural beauty to top everything.
2. A lovely afternoon at the beach. Reading, short swim in the sea and Panarea and Stromboli looked on us all the while.
3. Dug into a great book, “A House in Sicily” by Daphne Phelps. She dedicated this copy to the readers at the Sigonella library.
4. Spent time being silly with Dave, lots of laughter, lots of fun.
5. Enjoyed my first Negroni in Italia! A Negroni is an Italian cocktail of equal parts Campari, gin and sweet vermouth, usually garnished with an orange, I got lime and orange last night. Boozy and delicious!
Lípari has been a wonderful place to spend our first Italian holiday. We practiced our bar etiquette (remember that “bar” refers to the bar within a cafe, where you order your coffee and pastry); we tasted Lípari’s specialties of Malvasia and capperi (capers); we took long walks on the beach and kayaked along the rugged coast; we had deep and challenging conversations and we laughed even more; we learned a bit of history along with modern culture; we had romantic seaside meals; we took luxurious naps and slept in ’til 8; and we were sweating every glorious moment. Grazie, Lípari!
A few pictures from our morning Castello tour, no photos were allowed at the exhibits.