- Made it through a crabby Monday without snapping at anyone! (Thank you, Office Space.)
- Found the lemon juice I love at the commissary (made from organic lemons & without any additives!).
- Learned how to order foods by weight: Etto = ~ 3.5oz., Mezzochilo (1/2 a kilogram) = ~ 1#, Kilo = 2.2#.
- Read on the balcony and watched the colors fade from the sky and the horizon light up with sunset over the mountains.
- Dave rubbed menthol lotion on my feet at the end of the day.
In our indoctrination class, we have moved on to Inter-Cultural Relations – or Culture Shock 101. We are learning about Italian non-verbal communication cues. We also reviewed the timeline of emotions that inspired this blog: “Initial Euphoria (honeymoon stage), Irritability and Hostility, Gradual Adjustment, Adaptation or Biculturalism.” At this point, Dave leaned over and pointed to the timeline. I looked down; his finger pointed to “Irritability Hostility.” I stared solemnly at his finger, noticing the shape of his fingernail, and the creases in the skin surrounding his knuckle. Then, I glanced up at his face, and we both burst out laughing.